Sunday, August 18, 2013

Pre-departure

Hi everyone and welcome to my blog.

Not sure how much time there'll be for posting here, but figured I'd set it up anyways.

If you're reading this then you are likely on my 'mailing list' of interested people - either you contributed to my fundraising and/or are interested in what on earth I'm doing. If you're on this list by mistake apologies (let me know and will stop bugging you!)

Firstly, a MASSIVE thank you to everyone that helped me reach my fundraising target!

For those that have missed the memo - what is this about?

I'm about to head to India as a member of Pollinate's "Young Professionals Program". Pollinate Energy is tackling energy poverty in India. They have established a distribution network in India's urban slums focused on providing access to low cost, cleaner energy solutions. The initial focus was on distributing solar lanterns to households that don't have access to light on a regular basis or use kerosene which is relatively expensive, unsustainable and bad for respiratory health. I will join a group of 6 Young Professionals to continue their work, exploring the distribution of fuel efficient cookstoves.

There has been a couple of things published online; three of the participants are joining following AECOM's corporate sponsorship of the program: http://www.thesustainabilityreport.com.au/aecom-employees-to-support-pollinate-energy/4163/

Hopefully more from me soon

Lorenn :)

No comments:

Post a Comment